Payment Policies and Procedures
The purpose of this policy is to provide an overview of the payment policies and procedure for tuition payments.
- If your application has been accepted, you will be asked to make a non-refundable deposit of $250.00 to hold your child’s place for the school year.
- Tuition may be paid in 3 ways:
- Plan A – One payment -5% off -due by August 1
- Plan B – Two payments of 50% each -3% off -due by August 1 and January 1
- Plan C – 10 monthly installments. All monthly tuition payments are to be paid on the 1st of every month. Post-dated checks are required for all families choosing Plan C.
- This first month’s tuition payment is due on August 1st. This ensures your child’s place in our school. Failure to send the tuition may result in your child being placed on the waiting list. The remaining 9 payments are due September 1st through May 1st.
- Please make checks payable to Montessori Academy.
- All payments must be completed by May 1st.
- Withdrawal: Two weeks written notice is needed to withdrawal your child. This releases you from any remaining tuition obligation under the enrollment contract. After April 1, 2017 no withdrawals may be made without payment being made to the end of the year.
- Our Tax ID Number for tax purposes is: Montessori Academy of the Upper Keys, Fed. Tax ID 010927745
- During our school year, we ask parents to pay for the cost of field trips ($2 – $15) such as Strawberry Picking, Island Dolphin, etc.
A late charge of $25 will be applied to all accounts if payment is not received within five business days of due date. After 10 days delinquent, the child may be asked to withdraw. A $25 fee will be applied to all returned checks.
Tuition is due in full each month regardless of attendance, holidays, illness, or natural disasters. Refunds or make-up days will not be given since school expenses continue even if a child is absent. Summer school tuition will be charged separately.